With your freedom at stake, you need an experienced attorney who is not afraid to fight. Ansell Law will prepare a thorough defense and act aggressively to protect your freedom and your future. Samuel Ansell is a lawyer you can trust.
Attorney Samuel Ansell is an experienced criminal defense attorney in state and federal trial and appellate courts. He has extensive state and federal trial experience, focusing his skills on felonies, misdemeanors, drug crimes, conspiracies, robberies, firearms offenses, domestic violence, driving offenses, computer offenses and fraud. His practice serves Indianapolis and counties throughout Indiana.
Samuel Ansell has been a lawyer since 1999, with more than ten years as an Indiana Criminal Defense attorney. He is a fluent Spanish-speaker of 25 years. He is uniquely capable of handling the needs of his Spanish-speaking clients in both criminal and immigration cases.
Contact Samuel Ansell to discuss your case.
- Indiana State Bar
- United States District Court Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court Southern District of Indiana
- United States Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Executive Office of Immigration Review
- University of Miami (FL) School of Law, 1999
- Kalamazoo College, 1991
- Thomas J. Watson Fellow, 1991
- Corpus Juris Secundum Award
- United States Criminal Justice Act CJA Panel Attorney, January 2008 – Present.
- Deputy Public Defender, Marion County Public Defender Agency, 2004 – 2008.
- Assisted McGlinchey Stafford, PLLC in defense of Daimler Chrysler Corp on a multimillion-dollar products liability case culminating in a two-week jury trial in U.S. District Court resulting in a zero dollar verdict, 2001.
- Herman, Herman, Katz & Cotlar, LLC, New Orleans, Louisiana. Assisted Plaintiffs’ counsel on multi-million dollar tobacco class actions, 1999 to 2001.
- Drafted remoteness and derivative action, portions of brief opposing defendants’ 12b(6) motion to dismiss in City of Cleveland v. Beretta U.S.A Corp., et al., resulting in first city suit against handgun industry to survive 12b(6).
- Conducted legal research as a Watson Fellow in Central and South America regarding financial mechanisms used to finance conservation efforts in Latin America, 1991-1992.
In the Media
- Click here to listen to my interview with WIBC, Indianapolis.